Moving With Children Checklist
Created December 27, 2018
Moving is exciting and exhausting, but also controllable with the right plan. Make use of the tools available to you to help the move go smoothly and take a look at our moving-to-a-new-home checklist for parents with toddlers.
- Talk to your child about the move ahead of time.
- Make the move a family experience.
- Allow your toddler to express angst about the move.
- Take a tour of your new community to build positive feelings.
- Maintain a schedule for your child.
- Surround your child with their favorite things before, during, and after the move.
- Pack your child’s things last and unpack them first.
- Create a safe space in your new home and put away anything that can be dangerous.
- Remember that moving can be tough and everyone deals with it differently, but it also can be a rewarding experience.
Moving can bring you closer to your family and it will show you how your toddler deals with stress. Your child will learn that no matter what changes around them you are still a constant in their life. By being patient and really paying attention to your child’s needs you can set them up for success in your new home and in their future.