How to Get the Most Out of Your Storage Unit
How to Get the Most of Rented Storage Units
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to keep some of your items in one of our mobile storage units, here are some useful tips for getting the most of your storage unit.
• Pack Efficiently The best way to get the most out of a storage space is to make sure your items are packed in a way that will minimize the amount of space they take up. Boxes and other packing items can help keep items contained and packed neatly.
• Choose a storage unit of the right size When selecting a storage unit for your items, it is important that you choose one of the right size. Ideally, you want to determine exactly how much storage space you’ll need for your stuff and then select the smallest possible unit that will be able to accommodate all of the items you plan on storing.
• Keep your Items organized After going to great lengths to get all of your items packed and stored efficiently, it can be very frustrating to not know what is where if your stuff is not organized. Using labels and keeping like things together are two easy ways to keep your items organized in storage.
• Wrap or cover your stuff Covering items with plastic wrap can be a great way to keep it from getting dusty after a prolonged period in storage. Additionally, covering items can help protect them from damage during the moving process.
• Get insurance Having your items insured can offer you peace of mind if you plan on keeping valuable items in storage for a long period of time. Be sure to know the particulars of your insurance plan and read the fine print before signing the contract.
• Hire reputable movers There are countless horror stories out there of unscrupulous and unreliable movers who’ve ripped off customers or offered inadequate services. A quality, full-service moving company can not only help you move your items, but they can also assist with packing and may even offer storage units for rent.